Sunday, February 01, 2015

Poem for St Brigid

I'm not sure this is still a Thing; but I realised today that it was St Brigid's day. And I said a prayer for the Brigids/Bridgets I know, and celebrated that it's Candlemas Eve and we may be able to see our way out of the dark from here.  This was helped by a final Christmas celebration, eating and exchanging presents with a friend.

I was given a complete Robert Frost for Christmas 2013; this poem seems to sum up the fragility so many of us feel at this time of year

Peril of hope, by Robert Frost.

It is right in there
Betwixt and between
The orchard bare
And the orchard green,

When the boughs are right
In a flowery burst
Of pink and white,
That we fear the worst.

For there's not a clime
But at any cost
Will take that time
For a night of frost.


3 comments:

Heather said...

Perfect. I love Robert Frost.

Mary deB said...

Ah, those were the days, when there were Things bloggers did.
Very nice poem. We are far from blossoms on trees here.

Rosie said...

It should still be a thing!